Drs Dorine van der Schaar Coach/ GZ-Psycholoog
(Coaching in Dutch / English / French / Spanish)
An international environment feels like home to me. Growing up in a Dutch/American family in Paris, I got used to speaking three languages daily. Spanish I learned from living for years in Central America and Spain. Living and working in countries with very different cultures was adventurous and challenging. It gave me a broad vision on life and taught me to value and respect differences in people and cultures.
My professional life has always involved working with people on their personal and professional growth. It is the most fascinating and gratifying work I can imagine. Clients report feeling at ease with my personal no-nonsense approach and notice quick improvement of the quality of their lives.
Professional experience and methods
My professional experience (>20 years) includes teaching, training, supervising and foremost coaching and psychotherapy. In coaching we work on finding solutions that fit your unique situation and personality. For example: In which areas of your life do you want change. Which values are important to you and how can you act accordingly. How can you deal effectively with emotions and thoughts. How can you be open and focused in the moment so as to be more effective and in control. Which skills do you want to improve (communication, leadership, assertiveness, mindfulness, decision making etc.).
Contact / Locations:
- Amsterdam Center: Plantage Middenlaan 84 huis
- Amsterdam East: Linnaeushof 6-1 huis aan het hof.
- T: 0638061058
- Email: email@example.com
Training and Degrees
- Baccalauréat Franco/Néerlandais: Lycée International de St.Germain-en Laye
- Masters in Clinical Psychology: Universiteit van Amsterdam
- Mental Health Psychologist.
- EMDR (traumatreatment)
- Short Solutionfocussed Therapy
- Mindfulness Training
- ACT Acceptance en Commitment Therapiy
- Coach Intensive en Coach Expert: at coach 020 (Career and lifecoaching)
- BIG registration (registration as mental helath psychologist by Dutch Law)
- Chamber of Commerce nr. 34310993
- Member of Dutch GZ-Psychologists NVGzP
- Teaching and Psychotherapy (cognitive /behavioral therapy) under supervision of professor and psychotherapist at the University of Amsterdam (2 Years)
- Psychologist at orphanage in Guatemala (1 year)
- Research on educational styles in Guatemal/Mexico 1 year
- Staffmember of department familycounceling (responsible, supervisor, trainer) at Organization for Youth and their families in Leiden . ‘Stichting Cardea’(11 years)
- Supervisor ‘Interapy’ of the University of Amsterdam: online therapy (2 years)
- Independent Pratice of Psychotherapy and Coaching in Amsterdam . 8 years
- Developing and teaching a course’ Get your Act together’ based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, (2 years)
- Developing ‘International Coaching Amsterdam’ with my dear colleagues (2 years)